Weekly Favourites #7


Happy Summer Everyone! School's out now so I have more free time to blog. I am so excited for this summer because I'm going to be busy—but the good kind of busy! Anyways, I have a few favourites this week that I would love to share with you. So if you are interested in finding out, then keep reading! 

#1


Oh...my...goodness. This book. THIS. BOOK. I died after reading this. Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare is the second instalment in The Dark Artifices series. The first book in this series is Lady Midnight which I read last year. I thought Lady Midnight was absolutely incredible and her best book to date. That is until I read Lord of Shadows. It blew Lady Midnight right out of the water. If you have read and enjoyed The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices series then you need to read this. It is an urban fantasy series that takes place in Los Angeles five years after the events that took place in The Mortal Instruments. The main characters were actually minor characters who made an appearance in City of Heavenly Fire. The characters are Shadowhunters, which are humans born with angel blood who slay demons and protect mundanes (humans). Every book Cassandra Clare writes is better than the previous one and Lord of Shadows is no exception. I was so emotional after reading it because THAT ENDING. I have so many theories for the next book, The Queen of Air and Darkness. Unfortunately, I have to wait TWO YEARS until its release. If you haven't read ANY of the Shadowhunter Chronicles then that's definitely something you should do this summer. I promise you will not regret it. 

#2



Speaking of the Shadowhunter Chronicles...I bought The Official Mortal Instruments Colouring Book!! I saw Cassandra Clare talking about it on her social media and was immediately obsessed. The drawings in here are gorgeously detailed and made by Cassandra Jean, who is a freelance illustartpr and comic artist. She works alongside Cassandra Clare and draws the characters from her books. I love how there are quotes on the left side which correspond with the drawing of the scene on the right side. I honestly can't wait to colour this book. I've been watching some colouring book tutorials by Sendaria13 and it has made me so inspired. I need to get Prismacolor Premier® Soft Core Coloured Pencil Set 72 pack because they are very blendable and will work great for this colouring book. I highly recommend getting a colouring book as a fun activity this summer. 


#3


My mom recently bought me The Body Shop Early-Harvest Raspberry Body Butter and Shower Gel because they were on sale. Last year I fell in love with the scent when I bought the Eau de Toilette. This range is perfect for summer and smells like you've been picking berries all day. I highly recommend you check out this scent and The Body Shop in general. It's one of the best body care stores ever. 


#4


I love this show so much. It is such a great comedy about girl power and doing what you love. Girlboss is a Netflix original about Sophia, who discovers a passion for fashion and becomes an unlikely businesswoman in the process. As her business grows, she learns to navigate being her own boss and owning her own company. This show is very loosely based on the true story of Nasty Gal Founder, Sophia Amoruso who wrote #girlboss back in 2015. Britt Robertson plays the character of Sophia and this role suits her so well. I have been watching Britt Robertson since she was in Life Unexpected (which is a great show by the way) and since then she's been in so many great movies. I'm so glad she landed this roll because she is rocking it. I highly recommend if you need a little laugh and a little inspriation. 


#5


Lorde's album, Melodrama just recently came out on June 16, 2017 and I love it. I talked about Green Light in another post and since then she has had two more singles: Sober and Perfect Places. I am soooo obsessed with both of them, especially Sober. The whole album is just so amazing. I have so many favourites it's hard to decide. I can't even describe her new style but I absolutely love Lorde and I am so happy for her comeback. 

#6


I have been obsessed with Dua Lipa's music since last year after hearing Be The One, Last Dance, New Love and then months later Hotter than Hell. Since then she has released many more singles from her self titled album as well as collaborations with Martin Garrix and Sean Paul. After pushing back her debut album, IT'S FINALLY HERE! AND. I. AM. OBSESSED. I feel like I've said that word in this post so much but I really am. The whole album is so good but the ones I recommend the most including the ones I mentioned earlier are Garden, New Rules (which is going to be her next single!!), and Genesis (the acoustic version is also so beautiful). I highly recommend you check out her music. She's incredibly talented and deserves even more fans. 

#7


I have loved Lady Antebellum's music since I heard Need You Now and Just A Kiss. After taking a year break, they are back with their new album, Heart Break, and I love it. My favourite songs on the album are You Look GoodHeart Break, Somebody Else's Heart, Big Love In A Small Town, and Home.

Thank you for reading today's post! I hope you have a great week filled with lots of fun. Have a great day!


love xena

2 comments:

  1. Hi Xee, love your favourites as usual. For the love of summer berries, I will be trying the Early-Harvest Raspberry Shower Gel this very month. It feels refreshingly juicy and I can already smell it from afar. Always look forward to The Body Shop's new summer launches each year for holiday gift ideas. Thanks for sharing, xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. You should try the shower gel! It's amazing. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.