November Beauty Favourites


Hello everyone! I hope you're all having a great day so far. Today's post is all about beauty which I haven't done in a while. These are products that I've been using lately that I find work very well for me and were great purchases! I tried picking a product from each category (hair, body, face, nails, etc.) so if you are looking to change things up in your normal routine, you can see if these products interest you and possibly purchase them for yourself. So, if you want to know more about these products then keep reading. 

Snowflakes & Cashmere Fine Fragrance Mist by Bath & Body Works: I really wanted to buy a nice winter scent to wear with my other perfume since it's a bit light and I wanted something a bit stronger. I've been waiting for Bath & Body Works to have a sale on their body mists since they are strong and last for a good while throughout the day. When I saw this mist and read the notes (cashmere cream and shimmering vanilla being two of them) I was really hooked and wanted to smell it for myself. I love it! It's a very nice, warm, and kind of spicy scent that blends well when I layer it with my other vanilla perfume. I would definitely check out B&BW to find your perfect scent for this winter!

The POREfessional Face Primer by Benefit Cosmetics: This is actually an old tube my aunt Gigi has but I stole it from her since she stopped using it. Basically, after you put on your moisturizer, you apply a bead-sized amount of this with your fingers onto your entire face or just your t-zone (the oiliest area of the face). This helps to mattify and prep your skin for any products you put on top of it (foundation, BB cream, etc.). I don't use those products on my skin since I don't like the feeling of so much makeup on my face. I just use this primer because I have really oily skin and I find that it helps keep me shine-free throughout the day. I set it in place with my favourite face powder and powder brush

Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray by NYX: Aaaah! I just love this brand so much because their products are such good quality. I heard about this and saw this product being used in makeup tutorials and I wanted to try it out to see if it worked. It really does! I spritz it twice onto my face after I apply my powder to make sure I do not look oily during the day. Once you spritz it on your face it dries pretty quickly and feels like nothing since it's just like water mist on your skin. It lasts from 7:00 a.m to around 5:00 p.m on my face. This is pretty amazing since I do have really oily skin and it's hard finding a product that claims it won't make me look gross and shiny...but does it anyway! They also have a Dewy Finish setting spray if you actually do want to look shiny and glowy. I really recommend this for people who wear makeup and/or have oily skin!

Nail Lacquer in Tickle My France-y by OPI: I was looking at nail polishes on Pinterest when I came across this colour. Oh My Gosh! It's sooo pretty and applies so well. I would describe it as a light dusty pink colour and it looks great on all skin tones. It's very natural and soft which is why I really like it. Definitely going to wear this colour throughout December. 

Sleek & Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment by Garnier Fructis: I honestly just bought this by chance since Shoppers (our pharmacy here in Canada) was having a sale on hair care. I was reading the bottle and the benefits sounded pretty good to me so I went ahead and purchased it. After I shampoo my hair I add a dime-sized amount of the oil to my conditioner and it makes my hair so soft, shiny, and easy to manage. It gives your ends so much moisture and look so much healthier. In the mornings, I'll apply it once again to the ends of my hair (now dry) and it looks sooo shiny and healthy. I definitely recommend this if your hair is very dry and in need of some moisture, especially now that winter is coming.  

I hope you enjoyed today's post and try out some of the products I mentioned. I hope you had a great week, have a Happy Friday, and a wonderful weekend!

love xena

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these Xeens. I like changing up my hair products monthly, so the Garnier Sleek and Shine hair oil treatment has me curious enough to try it. Will let you know how it works for wavy hair. Happy weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing and will definitely work in your hair girlie! Love ya xx

      Delete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.