June/July Favourites


Uh oh! July is over?! The summer months are moving way too fast. I have just been enjoying summer and going out doing fun activites. I can't believe in a month's time all the fun will be over. But, let's not think about that just yet. It's still in the future. Anyways, these past two months have been lots of fun (expect exams) and I have lots of things to discuss. So, if you are interested in finding out the movies, shows, books, and music I've been enjoying, then keep reading! 

Movie Favourites


Before she was Wonder Woman, she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained warrior. When a pilot crashes and tells of conflict in the outside world, she leaves home to fight a war, discovering her full powers and true destiny.

Wonder Woman was absolutely in-cred-i-ble. There aren't enough words to describe how amazing this movie was. This has been one of the best cinematic expereinces I've had in a while. Gal Gadot was perfect as Wonder Woman and I can't wait for more Wonder Woman movies! If you haven't watched this already, you MUST!



Peter Parker, with the help of his mentor Tony Stark, tries to balance his life as an ordinary high school student in New York City while fighting crime as his superhero alter ego Spider-Man when a new threat emerges.

Spider-Man: Homecoming was so funny and Tom Holland was the perfect Peter Parker/Spider-Man. I love that they left the ending a little open so they can make more movies. I can't wait to see what happens in the sequel! 

TV Favourites


Since last year summer I've been slowly making my way through Once Upon A Time on Netflix. I finished Season 5a (The Dark Swan) started 5b (Underworld) last week. I just love this show because it's perfect for everyone. It's based on fairytales but the show makes it so older audiences can also watch it. I'm really enjoying this season a lot and I just hope everything works out in the end. My goal is to finish this season before the end of the summer! Hopefully by then Netflix would have added season 6.


I've been wanting to watch Jane The Virgin since it was advertised but I was watching so many shows that I never got around to it. My aunt Gina loves the show so much and always tells me that I need to watch it. Since it's summer and I have the time I decided to binge-watch it. I just finished season 3 and I am in love with this show. It is absolutely adorble and hilarious! It has so many elements to it which I love. It's not just focused on Jane the main character but all of the characters. It has romance, mystery, comedy, and LOTS of drama. If you were not aware of what this hsow is about, it is about a young Latina university student who was accidentally artificially inseminated with her boss' sperm, Rafael Solano. That alone definitely tells you this show is super funny and filled with drama! Check this one out and binge-watch it on Netflix!  



I have been a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan for years now and this season is probably my favourite. I really like Rachel so much and I hope she finds love this season. I have been Team Peter or "Pachel" since they first met and they have come such a long way since then. The episode that aired last week was when the men meet Rachel's family and it was very intense. Peter is not sure that in two weeks time that he can propse to Rachel and Rachel wants an engagement! I am very nervous he is going to be sent home next week but I still have hope. Can't wait to see what happens tonight on the Men Tell All!

Book Favourites


I finally read By Your Side by Kasie West which came out in January and was also featured in my Books I Want To Read This Summer post three weeks ago. Kasie West is one of my favourite authors and her books always make me smile. This book was no different! I loved, loved, loved it! 
By Your Side is about Autumn Collins who gets accidentally locked in a library for an entire weekend. She soon realizes that Dax Miller--the troubled boy who went to juvie--is locked in there with her. She reassures herself that someone will notice that she's stuck in the library but...no one comes. Autumn realizes that she has to stay in the library for the next couple days and make small talk with Dax who really wants nothing to do with her. Even though there is more to Dax than most people realize. Soon, Autumn and Dax start opening up to each other and develop a connection. But will their feelings for each other last after their weekend is over and Autumn’s old life, and old love interest, threaten to pull her from Dax’s side?
I absolutely enjoyed this book. The reason no one realized Autumn was in the library was just so unexpected. I love how Autumn and Dax got to know each other and how their relationship blossomed. As usual, it was super cute and made me smile and super giddy. Read this if you need a short and sweet romance!


Amy & Roger's Epic Detour was a book I have been meaning to read for two years now and I've finally read it! It's about Amy Curry, who's responsibility is to get the family car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.
Very heartfelt contemporary that deals with grief and self-discovery. The road trip aspect was very cool and I love how Morgan Matson books always include extra bits and pieces that make the reading experience even more enjoyable. This book was just so satisfying with all its funny moments and heartbreaking moments. Also, the ending was very hopeful, realistic and endearing. Enjoyed this one very much!

Music Favourites


I have been a fan of Imagine Dragons for many years now and I was highly anticipating their new album, Evolve, for months now. Needless to say it's amazing which is why it made today's post. I love that they have such a nice blend of upbeat and somber songs in their albums. All of their songs are so catchy and uplifting and make you want to dance. My favourite songs off this album are I Don't Know Why, Whatever It Takes, Start Over, I'll Make It Up To You, and Mouth Of The River.



Bored by Billie Eilish was in Thirteen Reasons Why and I just instantly loved it when I heard it. It's so soothing and Billie has such a unique voice. Check it out!

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Have a great day and a wonderful week! I'll see you soon with a new post!


love xena

1 comments:

  1. Sounds like busy lay-low days; the best kind. :) I've been catching up with Ray, some water days and my spa and Buddha Bar tunes.

    ReplyDelete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.