Winter Wonderland Book Tag!


1) What book is so happy and sweet that it warms your heart?




I read Anna and the French Kiss 2 years ago and I immediately fell in love. It's about a girl named Anna who is sent to boarding school in Paris. She meets some incredible people who easily become her friends and one of them her love interest. It talks about the struggles of adjusting to a new setting, making new friends, being in love for the first time, and discovering yourself. To this day, it is one of my favourite books of all time. It made me giddy, smile, and laugh. This is the best book for when you're in a reading slump. It's also apart of a trilogy and while I didn't really enjoy the second book I loved the third book, Isla and the Happily Ever After, which is also one of my favourite books. Definitely check this out as you will love it if you are a fan of romance!

2) What is your favourite book with a white cover?



I don't have a favourite book that has a white cover so I chose a book with a white cover that I am really looking forward to reading. Everything, Everything is about a girl who has a rare disease where she is allergic to the world. She has never left her house and the only people she knows are her mom and her nurse. But then one day a moving truck arrives next door delivering a family and a boy who she knows she's going to fall in love with. But if she's never been outside, how will they ever work? 

I think this sounds so incredibly different from other books I've read. It is also a diverse read as the main character is half African-American and half Japanese which is a very nice and refreshing change from other books that usually only feature one race. I really hope to get around to reading this early next year. 

3) You're sitting in a nice comfy chair, wearing a onesie, with a lovely warm hot chocolate but what MONSTER read are you reading?  



I chose Empire of Storms for this question as it is almost 700 pages... I finished this book last week and I loved it. I have been binge-reading all of Sarah J. Maas's books these past two months and I'm all caught up. It was such an incredible installment to this series and I still can't get over that ending. I don't want this to end but the last book is coming out next year! *cries in a corner* If you haven't read this series and you love fantasy and romance then definitely, definitely read this. You will not be sorry.  


4) It started snowing so you decided to have snowball fight! What fictional character would you love to have a snowball fight with?




Rhys Rhys Rhys times a million!! This book just blew me out of the water. A Court of Mist and Fury is my favourite book I've read this year and has become an all-time favourite as well. I love love love Rhysand in this book and seeing a side of him that he doesn't show off to anyone else but his friends and Feyre. He is funny, charming, honest, loving, protective... just everything!!! I could talk about him for hours on end, seriously. He is the best male character I've ever read. Also, this fan art of Rhysand by Merwild is absolutely stunning! They captured his violet eyes, black hair, and muscular build perfectly. I cannot stop looking at it. Anyways...long story short, I would love to have a snowball fight with him because of all these reasons.


5) Sadly, your fire is beginning to go out. So what book would you tear the last few chapters out to throw into the fire?



Unpopular opinion coming...I would sacrifice The Darkest Minds in a fire. Lots of hype surrounded this book so I was actually really looking forward to it. Unfortunately, I wasn't all that pleased with this book. While the concept of an America where a disease kills most of its children and the ones that survive accumulate powers is very creative and intriguing, the book fell a bit short in my opinion. I decided right after reading this that I would not continue on with this series. Now months later, I'm reconsidering this decision and thinking about giving the next book, Never Fade, a second chance. We'll see if I get around to reading this and if I actually end up enjoying it I might even finish this trilogy.


6) What book is so close to your heart that you would gift to someone this Christmas who hasn't read before but wants to get into reading?



Me Before You is a wonderful book for someone who wants to get into reading. The words aren't too challenging and the writing is so vivid that you can just picture everything perfectly in your mind. It's a sweet and emotional read and was actually made into a movie this year. I went to see Jojo Moyes who came to Canada for a book signing which was such an incredible experience as I've never been to one before. This book is wonderful for young adults and teens alike and it would make a great Christmas gift. 

Original tag started by JackEatsLife.


I tag Suzette from suzetteroberts.com


I hope you enjoyed my post today. I also hope you had a great week, have a Happy Friday, and a wonderful weekend! 



love xena

2 comments:

  1. Very curious about 'Everything, Everything' and love the diversity it potentially brings. How did 'The Darkest Minds' fall short in your opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Also I forgot to mention it's being turned into a movie next year so I'm also very excited for that. The Darkest Minds was okay... The writing wasn't that amazing and the main character was a bit annoying at times. I still do not understand the hype but I'll try to continue on with the series to see if it gets better. Love you Sutzi! See you on Sunday xx

      Delete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.