December TBR


Happy December! I am sooooo stoked for this month as I have a P.A. Day (it's what they call a day-off from school) this week and I have Christmas Break!!! Basically...MORE READING TIME! So since I have a lot of days off from school I have a bigger TBR than usual. I hope to read all of these books this month while also juggling binge-watching Nashville and Once Upon a Time. Super busy month but I am really excited. Anyways, if you want to find out more about the books I plan on reading this month then keep reading.   

Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas:
As you know from previous posts I have been reading the Throne of Glass series and I have one more book to read until I'm all caught up! *shimmies* I started this book yesterday and I am so excited as Queen of Shadows blew me away. (If you have not read the rest of this series then do not read this synopsis or you will be spoiled). 

Over the course of five books, Aelin has had a long journey from being an assassin to a queen. Now that the glass castle has been destroyed and magic is now back in Erilea, Aelin Galathynius and her friends must prepare themselves and an army to take over the evil in their lands. As the kingdoms of Erilea fracture around her, enemies must become allies if Aelin is to keep those she loves from falling to the dark forces poised to claim her world. With war looming on all horizons, the only chance for salvation lies in a desperate quest that may mark the ending of everything Aelin holds dear. Will Aelin succeed in keeping her world from splintering, or will it all come crashing down? 

If that doesn't sound incredible then I don't know what does. I am seriously so looking forward to seeing how this series comes to an end. Not that I want it to end but I wonder how Sarah J. Maas will decide how to conclude this incredible series. I have a long way before I finish this book though because it is 689 pages long. Hopefully, I'll still get around to the other books on my tbr. I'll try to make a review for this one since I haven't really written any for this series so far. Before I forget... you should know that I'm definitely Team Rowan #rowaelinshipper!!! 

"You make me want to live, Rowan. Not survive; not exist. Live." - Aelin Galathynius 

 "You make me want to live, too, Aelin Galathynius," he said. "Not exist—but live." He cupped her cheek, and took a steadying breath—as if he’d thought about every word these past three days, over and over again. "I spent centuries wandering the world, from empires to kingdoms to wastelands, never settling, never stopping—not for one moment. I was always looking toward the horizon, always wondering what waited across the next ocean, over the next mountain. But I think … I think that whole time, all those centuries, I was just looking for you." - Rowan Whitehorn 

I love how their relationship went from hate, to acquaintances, to friends who constantly tease each other, to carranam (a blood connection where two faes can use each other's powers), to finally admitting the feelings they share with one another. Aelin seems so genuinely happy when she's with Rowan and he definitely feels the same way obviously (ahem, the quote above <3). I look forward to seeing how their relationship develops in this book and the amount of tension that will definitely be present and crush me for sure. 

Buy the book here.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo:
I bought this book for my birthday and I am so happy to finally get around to reading it. This is about a criminal prodigy, Kaz Brekker, who has been offered wealth beyond his wildest dreams. But to claim it, he'll have to pull off a seemingly impossible heist: break into the notorious Ice Court (a military stronghold that has never been breached), retrieve a hostage (who could unleash magical havoc on the world), survive long enough to collect his reward (and spend it). Kaz needs a crew desperate enough to take on this suicide mission and dangerous enough to get the job done - and he knows exactly who: six of the deadliest outcasts the city has to offer. Together, they might just be unstoppable - if they don't kill each other first. 

Oh my gosh... Sounds action-packed and incredibly interesting. Can't wait to start this as I have heard many, many good things about this book and its sequel which I'll talk about next. 

Buy the book here.

Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo:
As you can see from the spines of the books, this is the sequel to Six of Crows. I don't want to talk too much about this book as I haven't read Six of Crows and I don't want to spoil anything. It is a continuation of the events that took place in the previous book and is the last book in this duology. I hope I enjoy Six of Crows because I've heard amazing things about this book. Not one person I follow doesn't like it so I am pretty excited and have high hopes. If you are intrigued by the Six of Crows summary above then I would definitely check it out. 

Buy the book here.

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West:
I love Kasie West so much and couldn't wait to get my hands on her new book. Unfortunately, Indigo wasn't selling it in store as they did for her other books. My guess is that it's her first contemporary book that's been published as a hardcover and they couldn't fit it on the shelves. Anyways, I got it on Amazon and I cannot believe how beautiful it is. Kasie West is known for her cute and fluffy contemporary books that guarantees you all the feels and warm fuzzies. I doubt this book is any different. 

This is about a girl named, Lily, who writes some of her favourite song lyrics on her desk during Chemistry class. The next day, she finds that someone continued the lyrics and left a message for her. Soon, Lily and her anonymous pen pal are exchanging letters where they share their secrets, recommend bands, and open up to one another. Lily realizes that she's falling for this letter writer but doesn't know who he is. She and her best friend set out to unravel the identity of the letter writer--but when the truth is revealed, the guy is the LAST person Lily could've ever imagined it to be. Now that Lily knows the truth, can she untangle her feelings and gather the courage to listen to her heart? 

This sounds incredibly entertaining and a book that will make you smile whenever you pick it up. Looking forward to reading this one and her new releases coming out next year as she is really stepping up her game with amazing plot ideas!

Buy the book here.

I hope you had a great week, have a Happy Friday, and a wonderful weekend! I'll see you next week with a new post. 

love xena

2 comments:

  1. Oh wowza! Congrats on meeting and surpassing(!) your reading goal! That is fab! #that's-the-way-to-do-it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Sutzi! I'm super proud of myself. Love ya <3

      Delete

Xena Roberts. Powered by Blogger.